The Independent European road safety trial of Cycle Safety Shield was carried out from 1st September – 1st December 2016. The trial consisted of a mixed variety of vehicles including Buses, Construction Vehicles, Refuse vehicles, delivery vehicles and specialist LGV`s from across Europe.
The trial proved that all vehicles fitted with Cycle Safety shield showed a significant improvement in driver behaviour and an even bigger reduction in Cyclist and Pedestrian collision alerts as shown below:
- Group Cyclist and pedestrian collision alerts reduced by – 84.35%
- Overall group driver behaviour and safety grade improved by 22.35%
- Most Improved vehicle type for driver behaviour and safety grade was construction vehicles which improved by 88%
- Most improved vehicle type for cyclist and pedestrian collision alerts was delivery vehicles which reduced alerts by 75%
- Highest safety score and lowest cyclist and pedestrian alerts were buses which improved from the start of the trial by 17% giving the highest score of 98% out of 100%.
The results were independently reviewed and calculated via an on board vehicle management system and results were based on general driver behaviour and alerts generated by Cycle Safety Shield. The safety score took into account, harsh braking and acceleration, aggressive turns, distance from the vehicle in front, speed, lane departure warnings, forward collision warnings and Cyclist and pedestrian collision warnings.
Tim Robertson, Fleet Manager for Amey commented – “The trial of Cycle Safety Shield on our fleet of refuse vehicles has shown a significant improvement in our drivers behaviour, by driving safer and smoother this will also reduce fuel costs and maintenance to our vehicles and also keep the drivers and other vulnerable road users safer”
Cycle Safety Shield can be fitted to any type of vehicle and will help improve driver behaviour and reduce collisions.
The system can be leased for as little as £1.80 per day!!! Subject to status.
To find out more please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Safety Shield Systems, Stanley Way, Stanley Industrial Estate Skelmersdale, WN8 8EA Tel: 01257 425742